Footmarks of a traveller

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mumbai Blasts

Over 190 people died in 8 serial blasts in Mumbai yesterday. The bombs were planted in trains and railway stations leaving so many injured/dead. I have also mentioned it in my blog earlier- I don’t know how long we will be victims of terrorism. The PM just states a platitude every time- we will fight terror. FM says Blasts will not hit the economy. How on earth can he say that? 190 people (and many of them, only earning members of a family)die in a terrorism act in a city within 11 minutes; traffic jams the whole city; trains stop; people don’t reach home.
It is ridiculous; I wish, as a country, we had acted more proactively.

I shudder to think that I am just plain lucky that the city bombed was not the one I stay in and that the person who died was not me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home