Footmarks of a traveller

Friday, May 19, 2006

Volvo buses in Bangalore + rains

As I have written in my previous post and it persists, it is raining consistently in evenings in Bangalore every day. Someone up there has set up a rule: When ‘evening’ in ‘Bangalore’, send heavy rains…Infrastructure is crumbling again.

We again played in rains on Tuesday. We had a match with Samsung which we manage to win by 2-1.

I like these big red AC Volvo buses plying in Bangalore. It is a positive change after a long time. I haven’t managed to travel in it. It reminds me of how red line buses in Delhi were all painted blue after the bus accidents became a common thing on Delhi roads. One had to watch for the buses even while walking on the footpaths or while being inside the shops :-) The change in color was triggered by superstition that red is also color of the blood. So, now you don’t find any red line buses in Delhi: only blue line buses.

I have suspended reading for some days now because of very busy work schedule. I hope to resume it soon and write a lot more book reviews on my blog.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Shoonya, good to see your footprints onmy blog...your blof tells me that you also like to read, travel and wander around...and if I am not wring you too live in Bangalore.

    By Blogger Anu, at 10:26 AM, July 01, 2006  

  • Yeah, i do like to travel, read, blog, involve in sports and as you have put it, wander around...i have put most of the aforementioned activities on hold because of work :-)
    Absolutely right, i also live in Bangalore...

    By Blogger Shoonya, at 5:01 PM, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home