Footmarks of a traveller

Thursday, January 05, 2006

0040


Last evening, I was talking to a friend (in Delhi) on mobile when there was a beep for another call waiting …
I saw the waiting call number- it was an ISD call. I finished my conversation with my friend. By then, the other waiting call had also ended.

The number began with 0040…Gosh! Do I know anyone in a European country other than England, Germany or Cyprus (I am not too sure about the geography of Cyprus)?
Today, I googled out to know that it is Romania’s ISD code!

Who could be calling me from Romania?
Wikipedia on Romania:
Romania (formerly also spelled Rumania or Roumania;
Romanian: România) is a country in Europe. It is bordered by Ukraine and Moldova in the northeast; Hungary and Serbia and Montenegro in the west and Bulgaria to the south along the Danube River. Romania has a stretch of sea coast on the Black Sea and the eastern and southern Carpathian mountains run through its centre. Romania has been a member of NATO since 2004, and is also an acceding country to the European Union. The EU Accession Treaty was signed in early 2005, and Romania is due to join the Union on January 1, 2007.

May be I will visit Romania one day.

All this doesn’t mean you start calling me from a country in some corner of the world thinking I will put up information about your country on my blog ;-)) and visit it sometime…

BTW, did you know this?

ISD code of Turkey: 0090
ISD code of India: 0091
ISD code of Pakistan: 0092
ISD code of Afghanistan: 0093
ISD code of SriLanka: 0094
ISD code of Burma (Maynmar):0095

and last but not the least,
ISD code of Russia: 007...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home