Footmarks of a traveller

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

full circle in bengaluru

Past few days passed in a jiffy except for the last weekend. A friend who works in Microsoft in U.S.A was in town and we met; he had the latest update on who is getting how much salary in IT industry in Bengaluru (more about that below) and his figures were phenomenal, sky-touching. I, in turn, called up another friend and told him the figures and hassled him :-)
Another old friend is leaving the company. I will have to search for people with whom I can have coffee!

For me though, life has come a full circle!

Deadlines are keeping me busy all the time and I am submerged in work so I hardly get time for blogging.

What is in store for me next year is all I am looking at.

Bangalore may be renamed bengaluru; I just hope people don't start changing the names of streets and towns! What will happen to Frazer town, cox town, Majestic, Anil Kumble circle (Anil kumble chauraha or something in kannada), Whitefield etc etc…

Nothing more to write…

Adios

2 Comments:

  • http://o3.indiatimes.com/mrpblogger/archive/2005/12/16/379895.aspx

    Check this out about Indian Airlines being renamed to Indian.

    -OotFog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • OotFog,
    It may have been done to reduce the expenses of the extra word 'airlines' tagging everywhere.

    Federal express renamed themselves to FedEx and started saving a substantial amount on their earnings.

    Imagine, airlines word will not be written/printed/painted anymore on all their aircrafts, buses, tickets, greeting cards,etc. etc.

    As far as Bengaluru is concerned, i came to know that old people still call Bangalore as bengaluru in Kannada. It doesn't matter to them even if you change the name.

    'What's in a name anyway,' Bard had said!

    By Blogger Shoonya, at 10:44 AM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home