Footmarks of a traveller

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bike wash

Of late, I have noticed that whenever I am watching a movie when it is on the brink of climax, the electricity or the cable connections goes off.
It’s very irritating. It happened with Twist of Faith last weekend and with Calcutta Mail this morning.

I got my bike washed after a long time. Since long, it looked like I had just come back from a bike rally. The person who washed it was an artist in disguise. He took forty five minutes to wash my bike; made sure that every nut, every bolt saw the last of any mud stuck to them. Then, he cleaned my bike with a cloth using soap water. He did it for good twenty minutes as if he was giving bath to his child and then, cleaned it with water again. He was examining his work like the way a painter gives final touches to his masterpiece.

Because of the water pressure, the paint on the rear number plate had gone. I requested him and he obliged. Though he was not so good a painter but he was trying his best.

Clouds in the sky, mud and watery potholes on the road will make sure I visit the artist soon again.

Adios

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home