Footmarks of a traveller

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kakuro

Click on the figure to see it properly...

My recent fixation is Kakuro. It is the second most popular newspaper game after Sudoku in Japan (I read it somewhere. Don’t quote me on it :) and is published in many newspapers and magazines around the globe. TOI also publishes it every day along with ‘Sudoku’ and ‘Loop the Loop’.

I chanced upon ‘Loop the loop’ while I was idling away my time at home. I found it interesting but unfortunately it is very easy to solve. Another interesting puzzle published alongside was Kakuro. I was bought.
I find it more interesting than Sudoku (not that I am good at sudoku).

As you can see, the numbers mentioned indicate the sum total of the numbers below (or to right/left) them. A number can’t be repeated for a particular sum. For ex, 16 can not be equal to 8+8. It should either be 9+7 or 7+9.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home