Footmarks of a traveller

Monday, October 10, 2005

Of earthquake and forgotten password

This weekend was rather strange and unfortunate.

30,000 people were killed in Pakistan, POK being the epicenter of the quake. It also killed 750 people in our own Jammu & Kashmir. 75 to 80 percent of Uri has been washed out of map.

The magnitude of this earthquake was 7.4 on the Richter Scale.

Many Army men were also killed on both the sides. In India, the earthquake touched as far as Delhi and Faridabad.

The most unfortunate thing to happen afterwards was that some militants yesterday night stormed a village in Jammu & Kashmir’s earthquake shattered Rajouri district killing atleast 10 people. They must be inhuman.

---

On my end too, the weekend was strange. I came to office on Saturday and went to gym. Later, I went back to my seat and logged on to my machine.

As soon as I logged on to my machine after entering the correct password, I realized that I didn’t remember my password anymore. How did I log in then? May be, my fingers remembered their positions while tapping the password on the keyboard. I checked one or two websites and then locked. I tried to log in again but of no avail.

Was it a result of gym?

I had used this very password for an year and I used to lock my machine at least ten times a day. Strange thing- our memory.

I think, I was not consciously entering my password. The password was stored somewhere in my subconscious and after forgetting the password from my conscious memory, I tried to retrieve it from my subconscious but failed in the attempt.

I got my password reset on Monday. I went for a cup of tea later thereafter and as soon as I came back to my seat, my fingers tapped my forgotten correct password. Believe me i still don’t know my lost password. I know I tapped it correct after the tea because I didn’t stop anywhere and I didn’t think. In fact, I had forgotten that I had forgotten my password.
---

I spent 3-4 hours of Sunday morning solving various sudoku puzzles and noon by watching ‘Out of Reach’ on Star movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home