Footmarks of a traveller

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Moon and Cigarette

There was this bearded, thin, tall guy in our college who was our Computer Lab In-charge and knew much more about computers than us, studying computer science.

One of his hobbies was to read poetry in urdu and hindi languages. Coupled with all these qualities, he was a jovial person.

In one of our tutorials, our lecturer was absent and to kill time, our guy recited a sher(a couplet), which I will never forget.

Cigarette jalte jalte bhuj gayi,
bata ai chaand. Kya tune kabhi scooter dekha hai...

(The cigarette smoldered and extinguished, Oh! Moon, have you ever seen a scooter? )

We all had burst into laughter thereafter...


Probably one of my classmates may remember his name and put it in the comment for this article...

5 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM, October 08, 2005  

  • My oh my! Now you get me all Nostalgic :)
    I don't remember his name though. I think it was "Harish" *shrugs*

    Just a wild guess.

    - One of the 50 odd guys in your class :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM, October 13, 2005  

  • Hey One of the 50 odd guys in my class!

    Yup, u r right. His name was Harish, i recall now. Thanks dude!

    :-)

    By Blogger Shoonya, at 6:12 PM, October 13, 2005  

  • Amazing days those!

    When I look back and think about those times; I can sense innocence, ignorance, a touch of magic.

    I'm not thinking of going back to those times again but those feelings and emotions were probably there to be experienced just that once in this lifetime :)

    - One of the 50 odd guys...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • Hi Oot50og,

    i especially remember this guy from my class who used to stay in next room in final year hostel and would always come to our room and tell- i have caught a bad cold or my throught is bad!

    :-)

    By Blogger Shoonya, at 1:21 PM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home