Footmarks of a traveller

Monday, September 19, 2005

Air Sahara- Emotionally yours

I called up Air Sahara yesterday since I wanted to book two tickets from Delhi to Bangalore on 6th November 2005. I call up their office at Airport. A lady checks the availability and tells me that only two tickets are available.

Please book the tickets,’ I tell her.

No Sir! We can’t book the tickets here. I will give you a number. Please call them up and book your tickets

I dial the number she gave me. No one is picking up the extension. I call her up again and tell her my problem.

Sir, they may have gone for lunch. I will give you another toll-free number. Please call at that number

I call up at that toll-free number. Luckily, a person picks up the phone and confirms the availability of two tickets on the said date.

Please book the tickets,’ I tell him.

Sir, we can’t book the tickets here. You will have to come to our office on 39, St. Mark’s road office or Airport road office to book the tickets

Listen, Airport is 6 kilometers away from where I am right now and only two tickets are available and I want both the tickets. Why can’t you book them on phone?'

Finally, I reach their airport office to find that one of the tickets that i wanted has been booked. I can do nothing but get frustrated.

Another ticket booking counter at airport- Air Deccan’s office:

I am second in the queue. There is a middle-aged gentleman in front of me arguing with the person booking the ticket.

‘I booked the ticket on phone by calling your call center. He gave me the Pnr. No. Why didn’t he tell me that I can get the ticket printed on internet by giving this Pnr. No.? I had to drive for two hours to reach the airport just to collect this print-out.


So, more or less, this is the story of all the air service providers (or their call centers) in India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home