Footmarks of a traveller

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Soccer match- Command hospital

I was on my way riding my bike (motorcycle) to the Lourdes Church in Cambridge Layout. We (my present company) were supposed to play a friendly soccer match on the ground in this church at eight-thirty a.m. - what a start of a Saturday morning!

I was about to reach the venue when a man signaled me with his hand. He carried a lunch-box with him. Ample of time at my disposal, I gave him a lift. ‘Command Hospital’, he ordered. I was taken aback with his tone. Wanting him to get off my bike as soon as possible, I just replied with an intonation-hmmm.
I had hardly taken a breath when he started speaking,’ actually I cook food for everyone at command hospital. It is near by. Where you going Saar? ’
Before I could answer anything, he blurted again,’ I have to reach there early morning everyday Saar, so many patients, their relatives visit Saar- If I don’t reach early, they will complain Saar. I was walking from there when I saw you…..’

I saw myself crossing Lourdes Church but I kept on going since the command hospital was not very far. He got down at the command hospital, thanked me, kind of saluted me and asked me to contact him if I had any work in that area.

What work could I have from him? May be I could leave my job, start a food joint and then ask him to be my partner and sell that food in Command hospital or ask him to get me the job of a cook in the hospital. No. Not a lucrative idea. I don’t think I will contact him anytime soon since my manager doesn’t seem to have too much of a problem with my work though now I am happy I have a back up job.

Anyway, he seemed to be a nice simple man. I just hope he doesn’t talk endlessly to the patients he serves food. Moreover, if he was a cook, why was he carrying a lunch-box? To save time?

The match started at around nine in the morning. We were leading by 5-2 to finally loose the game by 5-6. Theirs was a weak team but I think after playing these five-a-side tournament, we don’t know how to play a proper eleven-a-side game. I was a defender on the right flank and very neatly I let an opponent player take a header into the goal on a corner kick. Sleeping I was?

We decided to play them again and I headed back home - what a start of a Saturday morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home