Footmarks of a traveller

Sunday, September 11, 2005

November Rain

Four years back, when I first heard November Rain by Guns N roses(Use your Illusion I) on my headphones, I didn’t enjoy it a bit but then, I heard it playing loud again and voila, I was hooked on to this song for life...

The song starts with the unforgettable lyrics-
When I look into your eyes, I can see a love restrained
Darling when I hold you, don’t you know I feel the same
Nothing lasts forever and we both know hearts can change
And it’s hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain

These four lines say so much about life. Nothing is persistent except change. Actually i read the above lines by replacing love with life. So, go on and live your life as if there is no tomorrow.

I sometimes feel that I should pack my bags (unlike the ones in ‘Three men in a boat and to say nothing of the dog’); hang a board on my door which would read,’ So long, and thanks for all the fish’ ; hand over resignation to my manager and log out from this traffic-jammed city to take a refuge in Paris for somedays.

It is as if my own life, through this song, is saying to me:
If you want to love me then, darling don’t refrain…

And the guitar just after ‘Wouldn’t time be out to charm you’, gives one a different high altogether.
To enjoy this part the most, mix it with Vodka on the rocks and turn on the volume knob to the maximum.

When you listen to this song, don’t miss how they return to their base line (Nothing last forever, even cold November rain) after ‘Never mind the darkness, we still can find the way’. In this part of music, they have played guitar wonderfully well. It strums the beats of my heart.

Wish I was more literate in music to give you a better account of this song. So, listen to it yourself and have a feel.
I will now sign off with the line-
Everybody needs some time all alone…

2 Comments:

  • Can't agree with you more - that everybody needs some time alone. More people should actually understand that need as well.

    I don't think I have heard this song, but what I have read here has definitely inspired me to do so. :)

    By the way, where does the knowledge of German come from?

    By Blogger Emma, at 12:47 PM, October 13, 2005  

  • Do listen to this song-it's wonderschoen...

    Ich arbeite bei eine deutsche organization :-)

    By Blogger Shoonya, at 12:15 PM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home