Footmarks of a traveller

Monday, September 18, 2006

Half Marathon completed

Charged-up people, wonderful weather, beating of drums, race-track in a stadium- this is how I would define the start of Bangalore Marathon. There were around 100 people participating in Full-Marathon and around 400-500 people participating in Half-Marathon. I participated in Half-Marathon. I ran non-stop for first 10 Kms which I think is not bad considering the fact that I didn’t train for this event. After completing 10 Kms, I could have pushed myself a little more but I didn’t want to overstretch. There were ladies who were running more than many a men and it was really awesome to see them at such a fitness level.

Water was available at every 2 Kms and in between too. There was an ambulance running at parallel and Police personal were managing the traffic very well. Clouds in the sky made sure people didn’t get too tired. The best thing that I witnessed was the people, standing by the side of the road, cheering us up. These were people who were enjoying their morning walks or children going to school.

I finally made it in 2 hrs 35 minutes which I think is not good. Given the fact that the winners complete Half-Marathon in 1 hr 10 minutes or so, I should be taking around 1 hr 30 minutes. Well, let it be my goal then….

Last but not the least it was a pleasant surprise to meet some of the colleagues.

2 Comments:

  • Hey...Congratulations..esp considering you din't train.
    Your target of 1.5hrs for the 1/2 marathon is great...
    Do blog about it when you get there so I can ask you for tips! :)

    By Blogger shilpa narayan, at 10:42 AM, September 25, 2006  

  • Hey, Thanks...

    Though the target is great, i won't reach there anytime soon to be able to blog about it :))

    But i m going to try...I only run in gym and in the recent marathon, i came to know that running on the road is a different ballgame altogether...

    Adios...

    By Blogger Shoonya, at 3:16 PM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home